Sheikh Rashid touts his Kuwait yatra a success
Says PDM poses no threat to PTI government
June 2, 2021 05:00 AM
Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid has termed his Kuwait visit a success, saying that the Gulf state has opened family, business, petroleum and medical visas for Pakistanis, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.
While talking to a presser in Islamabad, Mr Sheikh Rashid said Kuwait has removed a ban on the issuance of visas for Pakistanis. He said the Gulf country had agreed to open family, business, petroleum and medical visas. He said the Kuwaiti authorities also expressed their desire to open visas in the construction sector.
The interior minister said that Saudi Arabia was also willing to give 30% visas to Pakistanis in its quota of 3 million visas.
See Also: Govt gives green signal for ‘action’ against Jahangir Tareen
Talking about Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), Mr Rashid said the PDM was not a threat at all. It only consists of PML-N and Fazlur Rehman, he added.
On cybercrime, the minister said the government had received 36,000 complaints. He said the cybercrime cell of the Federal Investigation Agency had conducted 5,355 inquiries and registered 399 cases against cyber criminals.
On journalist and Youtuber Asad Ali Toor’s torture case, the interior minister said that he was hopeful that the authorities would solve it. He said FIA and National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) were investigating the case. He said the authorities would get fingerprints report of Mr Toor’s assailants till evening.
See Also: Tainted officers not to get promotion to Grade 22
He said that the receptionist at tower building told the authorities that he did not stop the men who went to see Mr Toor because they had already come and visited the journalist.
He said that some people in order to appease their foreign masters were pointing fingers at our agencies.
He said if NADRA failed to trace the data of those who went to see Mr Toor, then the government would run an advertisement in the newspapers.
The interior minister said the authorities had not placed any journalist’s name in the Exit Control List.
Reporter Awais Kiyani