Court orders closure of two cases against Chaudhrys
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
An accountability court (AC) in Lahore on Monday ordered the closure of two assets beyond sources of income cases filed against the Chaudhrys of Gujrat, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.
Earlier during the hearing, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Prosecutor Hafiz Asadullah had told the court that after inquiry it had been found out that the assets owned by Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi were legal, and the allegations levelled against them could not be proved.
Justice Shiekh Sajjad Ahmed ordered the closure of both cases.
However, the AC put off its decision in the closure of illegal recruitments case against former Punjab chief minister Pervaiz Elahi until Thursday (May 6).
See Also: No contact with PML-N or PPP, says Jahangir Tareen
In all, the Bureau had prayed to the court for closing three cases against the Chaudhrys. However, two were closed, while the pronouncement of verdict in the third one was deferred till Thursday.
Earlier on Monday morning, an accountability court (AC) had reserved its verdict in the petition filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), seeking closure of three inquiries against the Chaudhrys of Gujrat.
Reporter Shaheen Atiq