MWM chief rejects ban on Youm-e-Ali gatherings
Majlis Wahdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM)—a leading representative of Shia community in Pakistan—Chief Allama Raja Nasir Abbas categorically rejected the ban imposed by the government on Yum-e-Ali rallies announcing to hold all events as per scheduled, reported 24NewsHD TV Channel.
Addressing a press conference in Islamabad on Sunday, the MWM Chief said that the National Command Operation Center (NCOC) imposed ban on rallies violating the agreement with them.
He said as per agreement, NCOC must give permission to hold rallies and procession on Yun-e-Ali but under the strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) but it did a shameful act.
The MWM Chief said that the ban on Yum-e-Ali processions was not only a shameful but a dual standard of the government as bazars were fill with people who were not following SOPs and the Shia people who fully cooperate with government to follow SOPs had stopped to pay their religious duties.
Advising to his Shia community to participate in processions with mask and maintain social distance among them, Allama Raja Nasir Abbas predicted that the ruling Pakistan Tehreek Insaf would lose next local governments elections very badly.
Separately, Shia Ulema Council Punjab president Allama Sabtain Sabazwari who also represent the Shia community on Sunday announced to observe Yum-e-Ali holding rallies as per schedule but under the strict instructions and SOPs of the government to save participants lives from fatal coronavirus third wave. He warned the government that it had given permission to hold rallies last year too but registered cases so it can fulfil its same wishes.