Only six quarantined pilgrims at Sukkur centre: Murad

By: News Desk      Published: 03:51 PM, 14 Apr, 2020
Only six quarantined pilgrims at Sukkur centre: Murad

Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday said that 274 pilgrims out of a total of 280, who were quarantined in Sukkur, had returned to their homes and the remaining would soon follow the suit.

In a video message, he said another eight coronavirus patients were discharged from hospitals during the last 24 hours. A total of 227 were currently hospitalised, Murad added.

Sharing the details, the chief minister said that a total of 671 infected people were in isolation at their homes with another 58 receiving treatment at isolation centres.

He said the death toll in the province reached 35 after four people lost their lives during the last 24 hours, adding that the death rate stood at 2.3 percent.

About the coronavirus spread in the slum areas of Karachi, the chief minister revealed that 1,700 people were tested through mobile teams and their results would be available by tomorrow (Wednesday).

He said the testing ratio was being increased in the areas of Karachi which had been sealed because of the coronavirus spread. The infected Tableeghi Jamaat members were getting treatment and those in isolation would soon be tested, the chief minister added.

The federal government will announce the decision about the lockdown and the people should follow the SOPs devised for the purpose, said Murad.

He also urged the citizens to not allow the elderly people to leave homes and keeping a distance from them after returning to homes so as to protect them from the possible infection.