St. Petersburg winner Kontaveit climbs to sixth in WTA rankings
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
Australian Ashleigh Barty continues to dominate the women's tennis rankings ahead of Belarus Aryna Sabalenka, with no change in the top five positions.
Of her six titles, five have come in the last seven months.
Kontaveit moved up three places with Spaniard Garbine Muguruza dropped one place to seventh, with Greece's Maria Sakkari, in eighth, and Poland's Iga Swiatek, in ninth, both dropping a spot.
US Open champion Emma Raducanu of Britain moves up one place to 12th just ahead of Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and American Jessica Pegula, who also improved their rankings.
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 8330 pts
2. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 5698
3. Barbora Krejcíková (CZE) 5533
4. Karolína Plíšková (CZE) 4452
5. Paula Badosa (ESP) 4429
6. Anett Kontaveit (EST) 4241 (+3)
7. Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) 4195 (-1)
8. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 4191 (-1)
9. Iga Swiatek (POL) 3986 (-1)
10. Ons Jabeur (TUN) 3070