Ex-GB judge stands by claims against ex-CJP Nisar on Nawaz, Maryam bail
Shehbaz Sahrif hails the ‘revelations’ | Fawad Chaudhry said, “One clown after another is running a campaign in this country to try to make it out like Nawaz Sharif is a victim
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
Former chief judge of the apex court of Gilgit Baltistan (GB) Rana M Shamim while talking exclusively to 24NewsHD TV on Monday said that he stood by his notarized affidavit that former CJP Saqib Nisar had directed a high court judge not to release PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz on bail at any cost before the 2018 general elections.
Rana Shamim confirmed the content of the affidavit.
In a telephonic talk, Shamim said, “I stood by my all statements given to journalist Ansar Abbasi. Ex-CJP Saqib Nisar had no power to give me extension as the apex courts of the GB and Azad Kashmir are not under the Supreme Court of Pakistan.”
“Only Prime Minister of Pakistan can give extension to judges of the AJK and the GB courts,” he explained.
However, Rana Shamim said, he could not disclose whom he had given the affidavit.
Former top judge of the GB said he did not apply for an extension.
“Who is Saqib Nisar to give me an extension (in service)? he asked.
“Saqib Nisar was my guest in GB and I did not spend money from government expense,” Rana Shamim clarified.
EX-CJP SAQIB NISAR's REACTION
Former chief justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar rejected allegations levelled against him by former top judge of Gilgit-Baltistan, Rana Shamim, that he had asked a high court judge to deny bails to former premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz before general elections 2018.
Saqib Nisar claimed Rana Shamim was asking for an extension, which he refused to do so and later objected for not giving him the tenure extension.
“It is not wise to respond to a white lie,” he added.
SHEHBAZ SHARIF's REACTION
PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif said that an explosive news story by Ansar Abbasi peeled off a thick layer of a grand scheme employed to target Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz.
“Allah has His own way of revealing the truth. It’s yet another vindication of Nawaz Sharif & Maryam in the court of public opinion. Alhumdulillah,” he added.
Explosive news story by Ansar Abbasi peels off a thick layer of a grand scheme employed to target Nawaz Sharif & Maryam Nawaz. Allah has His own way of revealing the truth. It’s yet another vindication of Nawaz Sharif & Maryam in the court of public opinion. Alhumdulillah!— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) November 15, 2021
FAWAD CHAUDHRY's REACTION
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, while responding to the claim by a newspaper on Monday said, “One clown after another is running a campaign in this country to try to make out that Nawaz Sharif is a victim.”
انصار عباسی صاحب کی ایک حیرت انگیز اسٹوری نظر سے گزری جس میں ایک گلگت کے جج صاحب فرماتے ہیں کہ جب وہ ثاقب نثار صاحب کے پاس چائے پینے بیٹھے تو جج صاحب نے فون پر ہائیکورٹ کے جج کو کہا کہ نواز شریف کی ضمانت الیکشنوں سے پہلے نہیں لینی!— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) November 15, 2021
Fawad Chaudhry termed the story utter non-sense and asked, “Instead of fabricating silly stories and conspiracy theories, tell me where Nawaz Sharif got the money from for the Avenfield Apartments that were later given to Maryam Nawaz? But Maryam claimed she got no property in London or even in Pakistan. Now the property of billions has come to light. Answer it."
According to the newspaper, Shamim’s statement was given under oath before the Oath Commissioner on November 10, 2021.
The affidavit, duly notarized, contains the signature of the ex-CJ of Gilgit Baltistan as well as an image of his NIC card. The notary public stamped the affidavit and recorded that it was “sworn under oath before me” on Nov 10, 2021.
Pertinent to note that both Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz —father and daughter—convicted by an accountability court in a graft case before the July 25, 2018 general elections and their lawyers had moved the court for suspension of the conviction but the case after initial hearings was postponed till last week of July, 2018.
Former Chief Justice Saqib Nisar when denied the allegations and commented that he had ever directed any of his subordinate judges in connection with any judicial order whether it pertained to Nawaz Sharif, Shehbaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz or anyone else.
“I Justice Dr Rana Muhammad Shamim, former Chief Judge, Supreme Appellate Court of Gilgit Baltistan (31 August 2015 to 30 Aug 2018) do hereby make the following statement under oath: -
1. In July 2018 while I was serving as the Chief Judge of the Supreme Appellate Court of Gilgit Baltistan, Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, the then Chief Justice of Pakistan, came to Gilgit for vacations along with 27 family members and stayed in the guest house of the court.
2. That one evening when I, my late wife, the Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and his wife were taking tea in the lawn, I found the Chief Justice of Pakistan to be very disturbed and continued talking on the phone to his registrar, directing him to go to the residence of Justice ------ of ------ and request him to immediately call him (the CJP).
3. That in case his call does not get through, then convey to him on his (Mian Saqib Nisar’s) behalf that Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz Sharif must not be released on bail before the general elections at any cost.
4. That shortly afterwards he also spoke to Justice ------ directly and told him that Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz Sharif must remain in jail until the general elections are over. On assurance from the other side, he became calm and happily demanded another cup of tea.
5. I, as his colleague and host, requested him to spend his vacations with his family in Gilgit Baltistan and then asked him why he conveyed such a message to Justice ----- and for what. He said, “Rana Sahib you will never understand. You must treat it as if you never heard anything.” I told him in the presence of my late wife and his wife that Mian Nawaz Sharif has been falsely implicated and his sentence and that of Maryam Nawaz were both managed as was evident from his phone calls. He was initially disturbed to hear that but then relaxed again and said, “Rana Sahib the chemistry of Punjab is different from Gilgit Baltistan.”
6. That whatever is stated voluntarily herein above constitutes the complete truth.”
MIRZA SHAHZAD AKBAR'S REACTION
ساہیوال کے ایک رانا صاحب کو وزیراعظم نواز شریف نے کمال عنایت کرتے ہوے 2015 میں گلگت کا چیف جج لگایا اور رانا نے عنایت لوٹاتے ہوے آج مفرور مجرم نواز شریف کے حق میں بیان داغ دیا جو بٹیا کی اپیل کی ہائی کورٹ سماعت سے ۳ دن پہلے فرنٹ پیج پہ چھپوا دیا-— Mirza Shahzad Akbar (@ShazadAkbar) November 15, 2021
واہ ری سیاست 🤔