PIA issues corona alert for international passengers
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Wednesday issuing COVID-19 alert said that all international passengers travelling to Pakistan are required to present a copy of the test result for COVID-19 prior to boarding the flight from 20th March midnight.
The PIA said that the test report must be reported through RT-PCR during the 24 hours prior to boarding the flight.
The test result must include the name; passport number of the passenger, original test result will be required at the disembarkation airport in Pakistan.
“PIA will be complying with these mandatory requirements, therefore, no passenger will be allotted to board without test results and RT-PCR Test requirements is effective from end of the day 20 March 23:59hrs,” the statement read.
These measures are being taken to control the spread of novel coronavirus in Pakistan.
WAIVER OF CHANGE OF BOOKING FEES
PIA said since travel plans are changing due to the current global situation, change of booking fees on all international travel to/from Pakistan has been waived and now passengers can replant travels with peace of mind and without paying penalty fees.
· This waiver policy applies on change of booking, refund, and no-show charges.
· Travel period valid from 16th March 2020 till 5th April 2020.
· Any difference in fare or taxes as a result of the change in booking will still apply.
· In case validity of any partially-used tickets is expiring, it may be extended for under one year from the initial date of travel.
· Fees for additional services may apply.
The novel coronavirus outbreak situation remains dynamic, and our flight schedules may change at short notice to comply with travel restrictions imposed by other countries' governments or regulatory authorities, or our operational requirements. PIA said it continues to work closely with the authorities and aims to provide our affected passengers with updated information as early as possible.
Flights have been suspended on the following routes:
· Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 15th March 2020 for two weeks
· Denmark (Copenhagen) . from 14th March 2020 onward.
· Only Danish citizens are allowed to enter the country. Waiver of change fees applies for visit visa-holding passengers.
· Kuwait (Kuwait city) - from 13th March 2020 till further notice.
· Italy (Milan) - from 10th March till further notice.
· Qatar (Doha) - from 9th March till further notice.
· China and Japan - flights suspended till 31st March 2020.