CM Naqvi inspects Shahdara flyover project site
By News Desk
August 24, 2023 11:16 AM
He was told by a private contractor on the occasion that 80 per cent work on the project was complete while the remaining 20 per cent would be completed by September-end.
The contractor assured the chief minister that he would ensure completion of the project at its earliest, and that, too, as per his (chief minister’s ) vision.
CM Naqvi expressed his satisfaction over the quality as well as the pace at which the work was in progress at the site. “Please keep it up! Carry on the work at the same speed. And also pay compensation to land owners as per the market rate,” he directed.
He said that after the completion of the project, 300,000 vehicles would use the flyover daily. “The project will also help ease traffic congestion in these areas,” the chief minister said, and added, “Since the project is of great benefit for masses, therefore its early completion is necessary.”
Commissioner Lahore Muhammad Ali Randhawa, Chief Engineer LDA Israr Saeed briefed the CM on the project.
Reporter: Saud Butt