Report on Greater Iqbal Park incident makes startling revelations of police laxity

By: News Desk      Published: 04:58 PM, 25 Aug, 2021
Report on Greater Iqbal Park incident makes startling revelations of police laxity

Police report on Greater Iqbal Park alleged mass assault on a female TikToker has made startling revelations about the laxity of the police and an effort on the part of the higher police officials to cover up the incident, reported 24News HD TV Channel Wednesday.

According to the report, the police had not paid any attention to 16 calls the besieged TikToker and her friends made at the time of the harassment.

Police investigation report that was tasked by the IGP Inam Ghani to probe the matter revealed that TikToker

Ayesha and her friends, when encircled by the uncontrolled crowd in Greater Iqbal Park, made 16 calls to police but the police force did not show up. At the site, some sympathizers also called 17 times to call the police force for action, the document revealed.   

Rambo, a friend and of Ayesha, suddenly spotted the Dolphin squad and asked their help and with their help, they succeeded to rescue Ayesha from the mob.

Total 33 incidents of harassment were reported to Police Helpline 15. On Independence Day, 40 policemen including SHO Lori Adda was deployed to avoid any untoward incident.

The inquiry committee members have also contacted all those who called the police helping to get immediate assistance.

The report reads, “DSP in the police station even smokes in front of TikToker Ayesha.”

It said that police tried to downplay the incident and had not informed the higher-ups for two days since the incident happened.

The report said SP City tried to hide the incident by reporting it as a routine incident to the high ups.

“Even when the IGP asked about the incident the police officials downplayed the harassment incident.

The investigations revealed that SSP (Operations) and DIG Lahore (both now removed from their posts) did not inform the IGP about the mass harassment incident at Minar-e-Pakistan.

The inquiry report said that there was another incident of harassment at public space on August 13 but the police did not reach the site and even failed to enhance the security on the eve of August 14.

The report said that the crowd clicked the semi-nude pictures of TikToker Ayesha.

Reporter Ali Sahi

Categories : Latest, Pakistan