Ministry of Religious Affairs urges people not to make any Hajj bookings
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
Ministry of Religious Affairs spokesperson Thursday urged the masses not to make any Hajj-related booking until the announcement of the ministry, reported 24NewsHD TV Channel.
In a statement, the ministry’s spokesperson warned that any Hajj related flight booking by any company or person would be considered illegal until the announcement by the ministry.
He said that Saudi Arabia had not announced any quota of Hajj 2021 to any country so far. He said the ministry of religious affairs would announce the Hajj policy after getting the quota.
The spokesperson said that some elements could loot innocent people in the name of Hajj booking. However, he said that any such person would face the law. He said the people should be aware of such elements and wait until the final word of the ministry regarding Hajj.
A couple of days before, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on religious Allama Tahir Ashrafi had tweeted that around 60,000 people could perform Hajj this year.
He said the pilgrims would have to follow the coronavirus SOPs. But later on, the Saudi Embassy, as well as the Ministry of Religious Affairs, reacted to the tweet and rejected his claim.