Asad Umar wants Sindh govt to review lockdown strategy
Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar in a series of tweets Saturday weighed in on the Sindh government’s decision of imposing a lockdown for nine days in view of the spike in Covid-19 cases during the fourth wave of the pandemic.
He said there is a need to review the decisions made by the Sindh government yesterday, particularly restrictions for the industrial and transport sectors.
Asad Umar, who also heads the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), said we conveyed our standpoint to the Sindh government today and yesterday, on the basis of which the province made partial changes to its strategy to curb the virus spread, which was a welcome move but there is still need for more changes.
He said it was the NCOC whose decision led to successful steps to defeat the three waves of coronavirus. He said if every province had taken its own decisions and depended on its own resources such a success would not had been achieved.
He hoped that the Sindh government will hold consultations on all these matters at length in a meeting of the NCOC slated for tomorrow to devise a strategy where all pillars of the state join hands to protect both the health and livelihoods of the people of Sindh.