Arbaaz Khan files defamation suit after linked to Sushant Singh's death
Arbaaz Khan filed a defamation case against certain known as well unknown social media users who are making defamatory allegations in posts and online videos, alleging his involvement in the recent unfortunate deaths of Disha Salian and Sushant Singh Rajput which are currently under investigation.
On September 28, the court had asked defendants Vibhor Anand, Sakshi Bhandari, and unknown defendants to withdraw, recall or takedown defamatory content (described in the suit and any other defamatory content) published directly or indirectly by any of them.
This content also included all posts, messages, tweets, videos, interviews, communications, and similar correspondence to the defamatory content in relation to Arbaaz or his family members on all public domains and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other mediums and bot.
Earlier this year, filmmaker Abhinav Kashyap, who had directed Dabangg, had taken to Facebook to accuse Arbaaz and his family and said that they had “sabotaged” his career.
Kashyap has said he had faced “gaslighting, exploitation and bullying first hand” at the hands of the Khan family and alleged that it all affected his mental health.
The filmmaker had spoken about his personal experience in light of the insider-outsider debate in the aftermath of Sushant’s death. He had added how this incident “brings to the forefront a much bigger problem of what many of us have been dealing with”.