Railway ‘quarantine centre’ catches fire
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
A railway coach, which had been turned into quarantine centre for those infected by coronavirus, caught fire in Lahore on Saturday, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.
The coach was parked at Platform No 1 of Lahore’s City Railway Station. The rescuers managed to extinguish the fire which was stated to be caused by electricity short-circuit.
The much-hyped quarantine services by Pakistan Railways were introduced by Federal Minister Sheikh Rashid who earlier said that they had established train quarantine centres for the patients infected with the virus.
“We’ve established seven hospitals at the stations, besides dedicating 65 hospitals and dispensaries for the exclusive purpose of treating the coronavirus patients.”
The minister said that the authorities hadalso setup a 50-bed hospital in case of any emergency situation.