Mother sacrifices her life for son
March 4, 2023 08:00 AM
A heroic mother has sacrificed herself so that her son could survive from electrocution caused by a kite string during the Basant being celebrated in Gujranwala despite a ban on the illegal spring festival.
According to the 24NewsHD TV channel, the woeful incident took place in Ferozwala Road when 14-year-old Hamad was standing on the rooftop of his house. Meanwhile, he suffered from an electric shock as a stray metallic string fell on him. Her mother standing nearby rushed to rescue him. She succeeded in freeing her son from further damage from the electric wire. However, she was also electrocuted during the scuffle.
According to the rescue sources, she had suffered cardiac arrest due to electric shock.
They were immediately taken to the hospital for medical aid. But the mother remained unfortunate and died before reaching the hospital.
In another incident, 28-year-old Sher Ali was injured when the string of a kite fell on the electric wires on Race Course Road. He was shifted to the hospital for medical assistance.
The man's arm and leg were affected by the electric shock.