Speakers call for facilities to the handicapped segments of society

By: News Desk      Published: 07:42 PM, 8 Dec, 2021
Speakers call for facilities to the handicapped segments of society

The nations which took extra care of distressed and handicapped segments of society are destined for a bright future. It is important to encourage those at a disadvantage to play their part in the economic development of the country.

These views were expressed by the different speakers while addressing a function arranged by the Lahore Businessmen Association for Rehabilitation of Disabled (LABARD) at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry.

LCCI President Mian Nauman Kabir, Vice President LABARD Bushra Aitzaz Ahsan and Saima Ashraf Dr Samia Tauqeer were prominent amongst the others.

The speakers said that expressed the pleasure that Lahore businessmen were fulfilling their social corporate responsibility by ensuring disabled children of the city were provided proper education and vocational training so that they could join the mainstream economic activities.

Appreciating LCCI’s role in making the event a big success, the speakers opined that Lahore Chamber was also extending every possible help to Lahore Businessmen Association for the rehabilitation of disabled persons as they were an important segment of the society and their active participation was necessary for country’s development. He added that there is a need to launch specific programmes for the training and education of disabled persons.

They said it was the duty of every citizen to play their role for the betterment of the society, citing that over 10 percent population of all developing countries consisted of disabled persons that needed to be taken care of by the rest of 90 percent, in the larger interests of the whole society.

Vice President of LABARD Bushra Aitzaz said that the main focus of LABARD has always been to rehabilitate the PWDs so that they could become self-sufficient and financially stable so that they could be a productive member of society.

Categories : Business