Six electrocuted after short spell of rain in Karachi
At least six people were electrocuted in different areas of Karachi following a short spell of moderate rainfall in the city on Wednesday.
According to the details, a child was electrocuted at his house in Muslim Town. He was taken to the hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival. A 30-year-old man died of electrocution near Nagan Chowrangi area of Karachi.
A motorcyclist lost his life after being electrocuted in Karachi’s Karsaz area an electric wire fell on them. Police and rescue teams reached at the site and pulled the body from the motorbike. He was died on the spot, said police.
Meanwhile, three other people died from electrocution in Hijrat Colony, Model Colony and Kareemabad.
Taking to the micro-blogging website, Twitter, a K-Electric spokesperson said that they were aware of the unfortunate incident near Karsaz.