Bride, groom among 22 hospitalised after eating toxic food
Twenty-two people, who were attending a walima ceremony in Multan on Tuesday night, had to be shifted to Nishtar Hospital following the deterioration in their condition after consuming ‘substandard’ food at the function, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Wednesday.
Police said that samples of the food had been sent to a laboratory for the test, and that initially four persons were being questioned in connection with the incident. The exact cause of deterioration in people’s health would come to light only after test report was received, it added.
Sources in the hospital told 24News TV channel that all 22 people were currently undergoing treatment.
Police further said that soon after participants of the walima ceremony had finished their dinner, an order was placed for ‘Naans’. And it was after eating those Naans that people’s condition began to worsen, it elaborated.
Reporter Yasir Majeed