No comprise on Nawaz Sharif’s health: Shehbaz
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday ruled out any compromise on the health of Nawaz Sharif – the party supremo – and expressed his dismay over the accountability court’s decision to declare the former prime minister a proclaimed offender in the Toshakhana reference.
In a statement, Shehbaz said it was an unfortunate decision about a person who returned to the country in respect of a court judgment while leaving his ailing wife at deathbed.
“The people have felt a heartfelt pain after hearing this order about the three-time prime minister who made Pakistan a nuclear power,” he added.
Shehbaz said the PML-N leadership had always practically showed supremacy of law through actions and that everyone was equal before the law.
He made it clear that there won’t be any compromise on the health of Nawaz who would return to Pakistan soon after completion of his treatment.
Nawaz Sharif, who faced the courts even being a sitting prime minister, will present himself before the law as soon as the doctors allowed him to do so, said the PML-N president.
The statement came as an accountability court in Islamabad indicted ex-president Asif Ali Zardari, former premier Yousaf Raza Gilani and two others while declaring Nawaz a proclaim offender in the Toshakhana reference.
The court also sought the details of all the moveable and immovable properties of Nawaz within seven days, which would be confiscated if he failed to appear before the court.
On the other hand, Dr David Lawrence, the doctor responsible for the treatment of Nawaz in London, said he could not suggest his patient for travelling to Pakistan in the current condition.
In a medical report attached with the petition seeking review of the surrender order earlier issued by the Islamabad High Court (IHC), the well-respected doctor said Nawaz needed even more precaution amid the coronavirus pandemic and he should crowded places like airports.
In this connection, Dr Lawrence – who is associated with the famous The Harley Street Clinic as a consultant cardiothoracic surgeon – again mentioned that the treatment of Nawaz would start only after the hospital routine was restored.
It is worth noting that the hospitals in the United Kingdom like other parts of Europe had stopped unnecessary procedures [treatment related to ailments that are not life threatening] after the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic. However, things are returning back to normal albeit slowly.
That is why Nawaz on the basis of this report requested the IHC on Wednesday to review to its earlier decision in which he was ordered to surrender before the court in connection with the Al Azizia reference.
According to the latest medical report dated September 4, 2020 attached with the plea, Nawaz is suffering from multiple and aggravated ailments including blood pressure and cardiac issues. Therefore, he requires further treatment in London for which the Lahore High Court (LHC) had ordered the government to remove his name from the exit control list (ECL).
The court has been moved as Nawaz is supposed to appear a two-member IHC bench on Thursday (September 10).
Earlier on September 1, the IHC ordered the former prime minister to surrender before the court as it rejected a plea filed to get an exemption from appearing in person at the hearing of appeals filed against his conviction in the Al-Azizia and Avenfield references.