Indian charge d affaires summoned over LoC ceasefire violations

By: News Desk      Published: 03:36 PM, 13 Apr, 2020
Indian charge d affaires summoned over LoC ceasefire violations

The Foreign Office summoned the Indian charge d affaires on Monday over the ceasefire violations at the Line of Control (LoC) in which a two-year-boy was martyred and four other citizens were injured.

On the occasion, South Asia and SAARC Director Hafeez Chaudhry recorded protest over the ceasefire violations in Baroh, Dhunial, Rakhchikri and Chirikot sectors during the last 24 hours.

According to the Foreign Office spokesperson, the Indian aggression resulted in the martyrdom of two-year-old Muhammad Haseeb in the Dhunial Sector.

On the other hand, 26-year-old Waqar Shah and 72-year0ld Muhammad Sharif sustained injuries in Rakhchikri Sector. Similarly, 17-year-old Tipu and 25-year-old Zareena were injured in Chirikot and Baroh sectors respectively.

The spokesperson said the Indian forces were targeting the citizens continuously along the LoC.

Earlier in the morning, the ISPR DG had shared the details of the Indian aggression in a series of tweets.

https://twitter.com/ OfficialDGISPR/status/ 1249577214372466694

He added that the Pakistan Army effectively responded and targeted those Indian posts which initiated the fire.

The Indian forces have been violating the ceasefire agreement for the last several days. Last week, the ordinary citizens were targeted in Nikial, Sharda, Dhudnial and Shahkot sectors, resulting in injuries to several innocent citizens.

At that time, the ISPR said that India had so far committed 708 ceasefire violations in the current year.