Qureshi addresses opening ceremony of Intra-Afghan peace talks
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi speaks via video link at the inauguration of Intra-Afghan peace talks.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Saturday said that Pakistan had been saying for long that the Afghan issue could not be resolved through the use of force. It is welcoming that the world is now accepting Pakistan’s stance, he said.
He was speaking through video link at the opening ceremony of Intra-Afghan negotiations in Doha. Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that these negotiations are an important milestone for peace in Afghanistan.
The foreign minister called the negotiations a golden opportunity for the Afghan leadership to pave the way for durable peace in Afghanistan. He reiterated that Pakistan sincerely played its reconciliatory role in the Afghan peace process as a shared responsibility, and it will continue doing so.
FM Qureshi also urged the international community to play its due role to take the peace process to its logical conclusion. He said that mistakes of the past should not be repeated so that dream of peace in Afghanistan is materialised.
Speaking at the opening ceremony of Intra-Afghan Negotiations, FM @SMQureshiPTI said that #Pakistan & PM @ImranKhanPTI have long maintained that there is no military solution to the conflict in 🇦🇫.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) September 12, 2020
Pakistan’s perspective is now widely shared across the int’l community. 1/3 pic.twitter.com/1SBO7CDx1Y