Deaths 100 as 1,387 Pakistanis beat coronavirus so far

By: News Desk      Published: 10:48 AM, 14 Apr, 2020
Deaths 100 as 1,387 Pakistanis beat coronavirus so far

The number of patients who successfully defeated coronavirus in the country has risen to 1,387, said the National Command and Control Centre Tuesday afternoon.

It said the number of coronavirus cases in the country has reached 5,796. According to the latest figures, only four more deaths were reported on Tuesday, after which the death toll in the country reached 100.

On the other hand, 46 patients are stated to be in a critical condition while 1,387 people have fully recovered so far which is a very encouraging sign.

Punjab continues to top the list with most number of cases which currently stands at 2,835. It is followed by Sindh 1,518, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 800, Gilgit-Baltistan 233, Balochistan 231, Islamabad 131 and Azad Kashmir 48.

As far as the deaths are concerned, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh have recorded 35 deaths each followed by Punjab 24, Gilgit-Baltistan three, Balochistan two and Islamabad one.

Meanwhile, the cases caused by local transmission are increasing in the country as their ratio reached 53 percent while the remaining 47 percent being linked to 47 percent.

A total of 1,368 infected people are currently hospitalised across the country. Meanwhile, another 17,454 people are housed in different quarantine centres.