Pakistan relaxes corona restrictions after drop in infections
NCOC decides to resume all inter-provincial, inter-city, intra-city public transport from May 16: Markets, shops to remain open till 8:00 PM from May 17: Normal working hours for offices from May 17
NCOC meeting file photo.
A special session of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) was chaired by Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar and co-chaired by National Coordinator Lieutenant General Hamood Uz Zaman Khan in Islamabad.
SAPM on Health Dr Faisal Sultan also participated while provincial chief secretaries attended the session through video link.
The forum reviewed the implementation of SOPs during Eid holidays and expressed satisfaction with compliance. Forum appreciated the efforts of all stakeholders especially the cooperation rendered by the public across the country.
After reviewing existing NPIs, the following decisions have been made:
• All inter-provincial, inter-city and intra-city public transport to resume from 16 May 2021 instead of the previously given date of 17 May 2021. The transport will, however, be operative with 50% occupancy of passengers.
• Railways will maintain its operation with 70% occupancy.
• All markets and shops will remain open till 8:00 PM from 17 May 2021 onwards.
• Normal working hours for offices will be resumed from 17 May 2021 onwards with the condition of 50% work from home.
• Review of remaining NPIs will be carried out on 19 May 2021.
• The forum emphasised on continued monitoring of SOPs enforcement and appealed to public for adherence of these SOPs.
• Forum also urged the public to ensure prior registration on 1166 prior to walking in for vaccination.
The Metro Bus Service in Punjab will also be resumed from Sunday morning.