Punjab Governor Ch Sarwar to take up govt employees’ salary issue with PM
Punjab Governor Ch Muhammad Sarwar on Tuesday took notice of discrimination being meted out to government employees regarding their salary package.
Ch Sarwar said that he would take up the matter with Prime Minister Imran Khan. He said that he talked to Punjab Law Minister Raja Basharat in this regard. The minister said that he would raise this issue in the provincial cabinet meeting for its approval.
The All Punjab Government Employees Grand Alliance, an amalgamation of unions of provincial government staff, has been demanding to include executive allowance in their salaries, as the other government departments like police, judiciary and secretariat employees are getting the same.
During a press conference on Monday, the alliance set September 30 as the deadline for getting their Charter of Demands accepted. The core committee decided to stage a sit-in outside the Governor House on October 7 if the government refuses to budge.
All Punjab Government Employees Grand Alliance Chairman Khalid Javed Sukhera, Secretary-General Prof Dr Tariq Kalim, Patron-in-Chief Hafiz Abdul Nasir, Zafar Ali Khan and Hafiz Ghulam Mohiyuddin, Rashid Ahmad, Rukhasaan and Amir Nadeem were present at the press conference.
Here is the charter of demands of All Punjab Government Employees Grand Alliance:
1. Merger of all the adhoc reliefs in basic pay
2. Refund of group insurance on retirement
3. Grant of utility allowances
4. Civil secretariat allowance @ 50%
5. Grant of special allowance @ 50% of basic pay
6. Upgradation of remaining categories
7. Regularisation of contract employees
8. 22% less salary is granted to punjab govt employees as compared to other provinces
9. Insertion of words “same post” instead of “same scale” in notification
10. Award of BS-05 to Class-IV
11. Decrease of pay stages from 30 to 15
12. Increase of conveyance and medical allowances
13. Increase of house rent to the tune of 60% at current pay
14. Grant of technical allowance to the sub engineers having diploma holders /B Tech SDOs and promote SDOs and service structure be constituted in their favour
15. Implementation of the summary approved by chief minister in 2015 in favor of patwarian
16. Restoration on jobs the government employees of national program health employees association, Punjab who were terminated due to protest / agitation
17. Award of time scale to teaching cadre in school education department
18. Setting up of the new universities instead of upgradation of colleges to the level of universities
19. Student teacher ratio (str) be considered 40 instead of 60
20. Filling up vacant posts and acceleration of promotion process
21. Upgradtion of the post of assistant director
22. Restoration of posts of junior clerks, naib qasid, baildar and mali in municipal corporation / municipal committee