Electric short-circuit causes fire in Karachi’s ink-making factory
Fire brigade vehicles have been rushed to the site from all over the city. Sindh Rangers personnel also reached the site and took part in the rescue operation. The factory area in Site Area Chorangi has been cordoned off.
Sindh Rangers also called for the Karachi Water Board’s hydrants, the TV channel reported.
Around 20 to 25 employees were working in the factory at the time when tge fire broke out. However, all the employees were evacuated safely. No casualties have been reported.
The fire brigade officials said, “As per the strategy, the first priority is to stop the spread of the fire and it would take time to control the fire.”
If necessary then Karachi Port Trust (KPT) and Pakistan Navy’s help will also be utilized, the fire brigade officials said.
According to preliminary information, the fire started due to short-circuit. The first fire brigade vehicle arrived at the factory with a delay of one hour.
Separately, a man was injured in a fire that broke out at Sher Shah Cardboard Warehouse at Gulshan-e-Iqbal Abul-Hassan Isphani Road.
Meanwhile, a fire also broke out in a container near Maripur Road on which rescue operation has been completed.