Federal Govt postpones all exams till June 1
Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood has reiterated and certified that all exams have been postponed till June 1 for the safety of the students.
Addressing a news conference in Islamabad on Wednesday, the federal minister maintained that the government will continue to review the situation and take necessary decisions to protect the children.
Let me reiterate that the decision to postpone all exams up till June 1 has been taken because the safety of children is of paramount importance to PM Imran Khan and PTI government, he said.
The decisions have been taken in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic as the number of patients in Pakistan has increased to 245, as per the Ministry of Health web portal latest data.
The minister was sharing the decisions taken in a high-level meeting of the ministry to decide the future course of action about the educational institutions and related challenges. All decisions are being taken in coordination with all provinces and keeping in view the challenge that students need enough time for exam preparation, the minister said.
Shafqat Mehmood said the following decisions have been taken:
1. All 29 examinations boards across Pakistan will not conduct all exams till June 1.
2. All religious seminaries across the country will also postpone all kinds of tests Person,
3. On 27 March Education Ministers conference will decide further course of action about the opening of schools.
4. Higher Education Commission forms 3 committees including Technology Support Committee, Content Committee and Preventive Measures Committee.
5. All foreign examination systems including Cambridge Examinations system and International Baccalaureate Examinations (French) will also be postponed their exams till June 1. He reiterated all foreign examinations are bound to act as per the decision taken by Pakistan. We requested Cambridge to reschedule the exams in June and July instead of taking exams in the new cycle starting from October.
6. There is a complete ban on all the universities for new admission for one month.
7. Federal government has suggested vacating hostels but it will not be applicable to foreign national students.
8. Faculty: It is not mandatory to call faculty members in educational institutions but if any educational institutions need they can still call them.
9. We are working on alternative modes of education including online and taking few slots at PTV and 3 channels of Virtual University to broadcast content as per the students’ need.
10. All educational institutions are closed till April 5th.
11. Lok Virsa and Pakistan National Council of Arts all cultural events are cancelled.