PPP, ANP reject Peshawar DC’s notification, say PDM rally as per plan
As the district administration refused to give permission for the November 22 planned opposition rally in Peshawar, the PPP and the ANP rejected the decision, saying the public gathering would be organised at every cost.
In this connection, 24NewsHD TV channel reported that the administration said they could not allow the PDM (Pakistan Democratic Movement) to go ahead with the rally due to the increase in coronavirus cases.
Kundi asked the people and PPP workers of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to get ready for the event which, he said, would prove to be another push for the already weakening PTI government.
ANP rejects this notification & assure the people of Pakistan that #PDMPeshawarJalsa will be held on the announced date, venue and time. The Govt tries its best to stop the event, but we won't let it happen. The Jalsa is on.— Awami National Party (@ANPMarkaz) November 20, 2020
Samar Haroon Bilour
Provincial Spokesperson ANP pic.twitter.com/Tazia5uZk2
In a tweet posted the party’s official Twitter account on behalf of its provincial spokesperson Samar Haroon Bilour, the ANP said the government was trying its best to stop the event, “but we won't let it happen”.
On the other hand, the Twitter account representing the PML-N provincial chapter in a tweet posted after the government’s notification said the people should ensure their participation in the PDM rally.
پاکستان ڈیموکریٹک مومنٹ کا 22 نومبر کو پشاور میں جلسہ۔ اپنی شرکت یقینی بنائیں۔ pic.twitter.com/KNw3q6SBpT— PMLN KPK Official (@PmlnKPOfficial) November 20, 2020
According to sources, an 80x30’ stage will be set up for the rally which will start at 11:00 am. There will be 250 sofas placed for seating central and provincial leaders of all the PDM component parties. Provincial leaders will be given time until 2:00pm after which PDM leaders will start delivering speeches.
There would be a 100 feet gap between the stage and the crowd. This area will be manned by the Ansarul Islam members.
Shibli urges opposition to show responsibility
Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shibli Faraz has said protecting the health of the masses is the incumbent government’s priority.
Shibli Faraz in a tweet said coronavirus is an international phenomenon and not a product of any mind. He said the opposition parties should show responsibility as the court has also issued its ruling. He said the opposition leaders and organizers of the public gatherings will be responsible in case of any human loss.
Earlier this week, spokesperson for Balochistan government Liaquat Shahwani held Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) responsible for the COVID-19 spread in the province.
“Coronavirus cases recorded threefold increase after PDM’s public gathering in Quetta,” Liaquat Shahwani had claimed while addressing a press conference.