News

Coronavirus found in another 794; over 111,000 tested so far

April 21, 2020 12:22 PM


During the past 24 hours, 794 new coronavirus cases were reported in the country after which total reached 9,216, the figures released by the National Command and Operation Centre on Tuesday showed.

According to the available data, 5,347 tests were conducted in the same period. It means 111,886 people have so far been tested in Pakistan.

The most number of coronavirus cases have been recorded in Punjab with the figures currently standing at 4,195. It is followed by Sindh 2,764, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 1,276, Balochistan 465, Gilgit-Baltistan 281, Islamabad 185 and Azad Kashmir 50.

See Also: Stuck in New York, Meera Jee pleads for return to Pakistan

Meanwhile, the number of deaths jumped to 192 as 16 more people lost their lives due to the deadly virus during the past 24 hours.

So far, 74 people have died in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 61 in Sindh, 45 in Punjab, six in Balochistan and three each in Gilgit-Baltistan and Islamabad.

On the other hand, 2,066 patients have fully recovered after being infected while 52 are currently in serious condition.

As far as the mode of transmission is concerned, 34 percent of the coronavirus cases had originated in foreign countries while the remaining 66 percent are a result of community spread.  



Most Read

  1. Ayeza’s LUXURIOUS WHITE FIT might be the PERFECT attire to flaunt at Eid Ayeza’s LUXURIOUS WHITE FIT might be the PERFECT attire to flaunt at Eid
  2. British team expresses satisfaction over security arrangements at Pakistani airports    British team expresses satisfaction over security arrangements at Pakistani airports  
  3. Ushna & husband’s latest ROMANCE SESSION takes place in a GRASSFIELD Ushna & husband’s latest ROMANCE SESSION takes place in a GRASSFIELD
  4. Netizens blown away by Mira & Asma Abbas' uncommon soul-stirring interaction Netizens blown away by Mira & Asma Abbas' uncommon soul-stirring interaction