2,156 fully covered from corona, active cases jump to 7,384 in Pakistan

By: News Desk
Published: 12:14 PM, 22 Apr, 2020
2,156 fully covered from corona, active cases jump to 7,384 in Pakistan
Caption: People in need sit maintaining social distancing after collecting free food items outside the Badshahi mosque during a government-imposed nationwide lockdown as a preventive measure against the COVID-19 coronavirus, in Lahore.–AFP
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
Get it on Google Play

As many as 2,156 infected people have so far fully recovered from the coronavirus while 7,384 are still under treatment with 58 of them in a critical condition.

The latest figures released by the National Command and Operation Centre early Wednesday showed that the confirmed cases have jumped to 9,749 as 533 new ones were reported during the past 24 hours.

It means that the number of active cases in Pakistan now stands at 7,384.

See Also: Most Gulf corona deaths, cases are of Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indians

As of Wednesday morning, Punjab has 4,328 confirmed cases followed by 3,053 Sindh, 1,345 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan 495, Gilgit-Baltistan 283, Islamabad 194 and Azad Kashmir 91.

As far as the mode of transmission is concerned, 34 percent of the cases have foreign travel history while the remaining 66 percent are a result of local transmission.

Meanwhile, the number of deaths caused by the deadly virus reached 209 after more people lost their lives in the past 24 hours.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, unfortunately, continues to top the list of deaths with 80. It is followed by Sindh 66, Punjab 51, Balochistan six and three each in Gilgit-Baltistan and Islamabad.