Baby burnt as hospital staff forgets to remove newborn from warmer
February 23, 2023 12:24 AM
A newborn baby girl received severe burn wounds due to sheer negligence of the paramedic staff of BHU Hospital in Jhelum, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Wednesday.
According to sources, the hospital staff put a newborn baby on a warmer soon after her birth but forgot to remove her from there. As a result, the delicate body of the newborn baby was severely burnt.
Sources said that the baby was moved to the DHQ Hospital in critical condition.
The hospital administration suspended the lady health visitor and two midwives who were working in the labour room of the hospital.
Sources said that the body of the newborn baby was burnt as temperature of the warmer was high.
Spokesperson for Jhelum health department said that CEO Health Dr Mian Mazhar has suspended all staff who was appointed in the labour room. The suspended staff included: LHV Nadia and two midwives Farzana and Samia.
The CEO health said that an action would be taken against the negligent staff under the Paediatric Regulations and their services would be terminated.
Reporter Amir Kiyani