Shehbaz withdraws petitions seeking deletion of name from blacklist
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif Saturday approached the Lahore High Court (LHC) to withdraw all the petitions he had submitted to the LHC, seeking removal of his name from the blacklist, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Saturday.
Justice Ali Baqir Najafi will take up Shehbaz’s petition for hearing on Monday (May 24) while Azam Nazir Tarar and Amjad Pervez Advocate will represent PML-N president in the court.
In his petition, Shehbaz said that since the government had now included his name in the Exit Control List (ECL), therefore, he had decided not to pursue the applications he had filed previously for deleting his name from the blacklist.
Meanwhile, expressing surprise at Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) government’s criterion for judging the economic progress, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif Saturday said it was strange that the federal government was happy that the country had achieved 3.9 per cent growth rate while when the PML-N government had left the office in 2018, it stood at 5.8 per cent.
Shehbaz alleged that the PTI government had exaggerated the growth rate in the first year of its tenure when it showed the figures at 3.3 per cent while in fact, the growth rate stood only at 1.9 per cent.
Reporter Usman Ilyas