Ashrafi’s claim about Hajj decision refuted
The minister in a video statement on Sunday that the Saudi health ministry had given some recommendations to the government however no final decision had been made.
“The Saudi government will take us into confidence whatever decision it makes,” he added. The minister’s statement came in response to PM special aide Tahir Ashrafi’s claim on a tweet saying ‘60,000 people could perform Hajj from Pakistan’.
Saudi Embassy in Islamabad also issued a statement refuting Tahir Ashrfi’s statement regarding Hajj. The embassy said that the government was considering different options regarding Hajj but no decision has been made so far. It says, “Special Assistant to Prime Minister on religious Allama Tahir Ashrafi’s was not right and the final decision would be issued.