Ali Zafar, Saba Qamar to perform in Shoaib Akhtar's biopic

By: News Desk
Published: 12:20 PM, 23 Oct, 2020
Ali Zafar, Saba Qamar to perform in Shoaib Akhtar's biopic
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
Get it on Google Play

Pakistani stars Ali Zafar and Saba Qamar have been included in the cast of veteran cricket star Shoaib Akhtar’s biopic.

According to details, Wali Hamid Ali Khan has also been signed in the movie that will be directed by Qaisar Feroz. However, the name of the actor who will play the role of Akhtar is kept secret by the production team.

Sources told that 60 percent of film’s shooting will be carried out in Pakistan while remaining 40 percent will be recorded in foreign countries.

Rawalpindi Express Shoaib Akhtar, who ended his international career with 444 wickets.

Pakistan cricket is known to have churned out some of the best pacers from time to time, who have gone on to serve the national cricket team for years and made a name for themselves with their extra pace, swing and bounce.

One among such plethora of bowlers who came into the ranks from the Men in Green was Shoaib Akhtar, who is also known as the Rawalpindi Express.

Akhtar represented the Men in Green in a total of 224 matches in all forms of the gentlemen's game.

In turn, he returned with 444 wickets and remains one of the most lethal fast bowlers of all-time. He also holds the record of bowling the fastest delivery in international cricket against England during the 2003 World Cup in South Africa.