PM to be responsible for any untoward incident at rallies: JUI-F
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
JUI-F General Secretary Abdul Ghafoor Haideri on Friday warned that Prime Minister Imran Khan and the federal government would be responsible if anything untoward happened at the opposition rallies, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.
The warning came after NACTA (National Counter Terrorism Authority) issued a security alert, saying that the terrorists could carry out attacks in Peshawar and Quetta.
Similarly, Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid has been repeatedly talking about the possibility of terror activities in the coming days and weeks.
Earlier, Interior Minister Ijaz Shah had stated that the PML-N leadership might be in danger because of the party’s political narrative.
Addressing a press conference at the Parliament Lodges in Islamabad, Haideri promised that the Pakistan Democratic Movement (rally) scheduled for Sunday in Quetta would historic.
Talking about the Karachi episode in which Capt Safdar was arrested after barging into the room of PML-N Vice-president Maryam Nawaz, the JUI-F leader said the federal government was either a criminal or an accused and they would not accept any investigation carried out by the Centre.
Haideri made this clear as he condemned the treatment meted out to Maryam, Safdar and Sindh IG Mushtaq Mahar who was stated to be kidnapped for forcing him to get an FIR registered against the PML-N vice-president’s spouse.
Replying to a question, the JUI-F leader said Imran had no option except tendering resignation or dissolving the assembly. The opposition, he added, would use other options if Imran did not resign from the office.
On Thursday, JUI-F chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman, during a media talk at Jamia Islamia in Larkana, too commented on the issue and said the supremacy of invisible forces was not acceptable at any cost.
“Those who have been held responsible for the incident will now also conduct an inquiry? Would that probe be accepted?” he questioned.
The press conference came as Maryam earlier on Friday morning said there was no need for a probe into the Karachi incident in her opinion because of everything being very much clear. However, she added that she would wait for the inquiry report and the people must know really happened.
Maryam, who was talking to media persons after she arrived at the sit-in organised by the Baloch students at Charing Cross in Lahore, said remarked that the fight was between the “two, four elders” [Big 4] and Imran Khan should not jump into the matter for being just a side-line spectator. The point had already been explained by Nawaz in his Gujranwala speech, she added.