Eight-year-old boy, woman die of coronavirus in Quetta
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
The death toll in Balochistan reached 15 after an eight-year-old boy and a woman died of coronavirus in Quetta on Monday, 24NewsHD reported.
The boy admitted at the ICU Ward, the Fatima Jinnah Hospital administration said, was a resident of the Sariab area of Quetta.
Similarly, they added that the 66-year-old woman was from the Mekangi Road area.
Earlier, the Balochistan Health Department said there was an alarming rise in the coronavirus cases in the provincial capital where the number of patients had reached 722.
They added that 11 deaths had so far been recorded in the city where 176 patients managed to recover from the virus.
Talking about the issue, Chief Minister Jam Kamal said it was a worrisome sign that the youth were not taking the pandemic seriously and moving out of their homes freely.
They must realise that they are transferring the virus to their elderly family members at homes, he warned.
The chief minister appealed to the youth to stay at home as the elderly people do not enough immunity against the virus.