Biden vows to hunt down perpetrators of Kabul terror strike
The US in Afghanistan will respond with force and precision, Biden said and called the slain soldiers 'heroes'. The president reaffirmed the August 31 troop pullout deadline, saying: "We will not be deterred by terrorists. We will not let them stop our mission. We will continue the evacuation.
He said he has seen no evidence that the Taliban colluded with Islamic State militants in carrying out the deadly attacks in Kabul. "There is no evidence thus far that I've been given as a consequence by any of the commanders in the field that there has been collusion between the Taliban and ISIS in carrying out what happened today," Biden said.
Earlier in the day, former President Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers lashed out at Democratic President Joe Biden over Kabul terrorist attack that left a dozen 12 American troops dead. Trump called the attacks in Kabul a "tragedy" and said they should have been prevented.
"This tragedy should never have been allowed to happen, which makes our grief even deeper and more difficult to understand," said Trump.
The Biden administration has been under fire since the announcement of the pullout plan in April. "Joe Biden is responsible," said Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri. "It is now clear beyond all doubt that he has neither the capacity nor the will to lead. He must resign." Representative Elise Stefanik, the third-ranking Republican in the House, tweeted that "Joe Biden has blood on his hands."
The buck stops with the President of the United States, Stefanik said. This horrific national security and humanitarian disaster is solely the result of Joe Biden's weak and incompetent leadership. He is unfit to be Commander-in-Chief.