Turned down PM Imran’s offer of extension in service: ex-DG FIA

By: News Desk      Published: 02:01 PM, 27 Dec, 2020
Turned down PM Imran’s offer of extension in service: ex-DG FIA
File photo.

Former DG FIA Bashir Memon has said that Prime Minister Imran Khan had offered him an extension in service for a period of three years which he spurned, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.

Speaking to hundreds of people at a party thrown by DG Mineral and Mines Syed Imdad Shah and Ghulam Rasool Shah in the suburban village of Hala on Sunday, he said he told the prime minister he had complete faith in Allah (Almighty) who is the master of people’s destinies. 

He said he wanted to return to his native area with dignity and honour, and he was pleased with the way he had been received by the people here. 

Memon said even when he was in service, he had never sought any security cover for himself despite the fact that suicide bombings were the order of the day at that time since it was his belief that Allah (Almighty) is the Creator of life and death. 

Former DG FIA told the gathering that in his remarks in the Asghar Khan case, he had written that one of the persons who had distributed money to the beneficiaries and who was also an informer in Osama Bin Laden case was sitting in the USA, while one of the eyewitnesses Aslam Beg had died. While the second witness who worked at Mehran Bank was admitted at ICU. Therefore, he argued, pursuing the case further would be an exercise in futility. 

Memon further said that the state owed money to him, and he was hopeful that one day he would get back his amount. 

He said he was happy that he belonged to Hala, a small town in Sindh, and that he had been rewarded for his honesty and truthfulness.

He said he was proud to have represented his country at different forums, and prayed for a strong and prosperous Pakistan.