Pakistan’s virus cases increase to 15,759, recoveries stand at 4,052

By: 24 News      Published: 12:55 PM, 30 Apr, 2020
Pakistan’s virus cases increase to 15,759, recoveries stand at 4,052
Policemen offer prayers before breaking their fast during a nationwide lockdown along a street in Lahore. AFP

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country increased to 15,759 after another 874 people were tested positive during the past 24 hours, the National Command and Operation Centre said on Thursday.

The number of active cases currently stands at 11,361 as 4,052 patients have so far recovered from the infection.

Meanwhile, the death toll jumped to 346 after 19 more people lost their lives during the past 24 hours while 111 patients are stated to be in a critical condition.

The latest figures mean that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has so far recorded 122 deaths, which is followed by Punjab 103, Sindh 100, Balochistan 14, Islamabad four and Gilgit-Baltistan three.

As far as the details of reported cases are concerned, the total for Punjab is 6,061, Sindh 5,695, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 2,313, Balochistan 978, Gilgit-Baltistan 333, Islamabad 313 and Azad Kashmir 66.

The National Command and Operation Centre also said that 84 percent of the cases were a result of local transmission while remaining 16 percent had a travel history.

On the other hand, another 8,249 tests were conducted during the past 24 hours after which the total reached 174,160.

Sindh has most number of active cases which currently stand at 4,426. The details of other administrative units are: Punjab 4,178, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 1,577, Balochistan 784, Islamabad 265, Gilgit-Baltistan 102 and Azad Kashmir 29.

Categories : Pakistan, National