Sanjay Dutt admitted to ICU due to breathing problem 

By: News Desk      Published: 12:22 AM, 9 Aug, 2020
Sanjay Dutt admitted to ICU due to breathing problem 

Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt was admitted in Lilavati Hospital on Saturday evening after suffering from chest discomfort. 

Doctors treating him said he has been admitted in an intensive care unit but remains stable. Sanjay Dutt, aged 61, celebrated his birthday last week on July 29. On Saturday, he suffered from low oxygen saturation levels and chest discomfort. 

The actor was taken to Lilavati hospital where a rapid antigen test and RT-PCR test for Covid-19 came negative. Doctors confirmed the actor does not have coronavirus.

Doctors treating Sanjay Dutt said he has been admitted in the non-Covid ward. His treating doctor Jalil Parkar, who himself recovered from Covid-19 last month, said few more tests are being conducted to assess his medical parameters and why oxygen level dipped.

“He is stable,” said hospital’s chief operating officer Dr V Ravishankar.

Sanjay Dutt took to Twitter late Saturday and wrote: “Just wanted to assure everyone that I’m doing well. I’m currently under medical observation & my COVID-19 report is negative. With the help & care of the doctors, nurses & staff at Lilavati hospital, I should be home in a day or two. Thank you for your well wishes & blessings. ”

On the work front, Sanjay will be next seen in Mahesh Bhatt’s upcoming movie Sadak 2, slated to release on Disney Plus Hotstar on August 28. The film is a sequel to Sadak, in which Dutt played the lead role.

The actor also tweeted about the movies on August 6. “The road to love is the road to take. Join us in the journey as #Sadak2 streaming on @DisneyPlusHotstarVIP from 28 August,” he wrote.

Categories : Entertainment, Movies