Govt issues SOPs for persons with disabilities amid Covid-19
Federal Ministry of Human Rights on Wednesday issued safety measures for persons with disabilities amid Covid-19.
Federal Human Rights Minister Shireen Mazari on her twitter account @ShireenMazari1 said, “Our Defeating Covid19 Safety Measures for Persons with Disabilities booklet - centre of the booklet is in Braille. We are distributing it to children and their families registered with our special education. Any group working with PWDs can also contact MOHR.”
1. Maintain at least one-meter distance (3 feet, from a person who is coughing or sneezing.
2. Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
4. 4. Stay at home. In case of fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, contact with the doctor.
5. Do not go into crowded places as much as possible. Avoid handshaking and hugging.
6. Do online shopping or through telephone, Request family members. Friends or caregivers for help.
7. Clean and disinfect supporting devices with antiseptics such as wheelchairs, sticks, walkers, white canes and transfer boards commonly used at public places.
8. If you are dependent upon caregivers, then in case of their illness or any other inability to reach you, make an alternate arrangement of such persons whom you can contact at the time of need.
Our Defeating Covid19 Safety Measures for Persons with Disabilities booklet - centre of the booklet is in Braille. We are distributing it to children and their families registered with our special education. Any group working with PWDs can also contact MOHR. pic.twitter.com/KVU8akSKxO— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) May 20, 2020
9. In case of your illness, consult your family members, friends or whom you can trust, have important information about you. This information may include about you, your medicine and your dependents (kids, old paten. and pets).
10. Make sure that every person at your home knows that you need any guidance or help about Covid-19.
11. In case any person is having coronavirus, he should be isolated asked to use mask and get the test done as early as possible.
12. Children with disabilities should be encouraged to play, learn, study and keep the contact with their friends using telephone calls, texts or social media.
For Further Information in Sign Language Please Click www.dgse.gov.pk or Contact Help Line 1099.