PPP chairman puts forward PPP’s 38 demands
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari who is leading a long march against the government has put forward 38 demands drafted under the light of guiding principles of the party, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Sunday.
Some of the key party demands included:
- Fair and free elections at every level of government
- Safeguarding the doctrines of powers being given separately to the executive and judiciary under the 1973 Constitution
- Granting rights to all institutions within constitutional ambit
- Strengthening and stability of parliamentary and committee system
- A free Election Commission of Pakistan
- Assurance of rule of law in country
- Granting students right to form unions and assigning them a decision-making role in the students welfare affairs
- Elimination of every kind of announced and unannounced censorship on print and electronic media
- Legislation for provision of houses to the poor sections of society and legislation against their evictions
- Preparation of drafting a legal framework for granting basic civic amenities to the most backward and Katchi Abadi dwellers, besides regularizing these areas.