Man killed in Karachi due to gas leakage from generator
Stay tuned with 24 News HD Android App
One person was killed while four others of the same family were affected due to gas leakage from a generator in a residential building near Karachi’s Sohrab Goth area on Tuesday, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.
The affected people were shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital in an unconscious condition.
Tariq Abbasi, head of the family, died in the incident, which took place in a building called Country Terrace, while his wife 45-year-old Farhana, 12-year-old Anamta (daughter), 17-year-old Ashir (son) and 16-year-old Huzaifa (son) lost their consciousness and were shifted to the hospital.
Residents of the locality told the media that the family had turned the generator on after there was a power outage at 3 on Monday afternoon. But they forgot to turn it off and slept, they said, and added when at 11:00 PM they felt smoke had filled their room, they broke open its locks and rescued the family.
Reporter Shahzeb Hussain