Three labourers killed, 7 missing in Hernai terrorist attack

Balochistan CM condemns incident, seeks report

By: News Desk
Published: 09:49 AM, 18 Jun, 2022
Three labourers killed, 7 missing in Hernai terrorist attack
Caption: Representational image.
Stay tunned with 24 News HD Android App
Get it on Google Play

Unknown terrorists attacked a construction camp in Harnai, Balochistan and killed three labourers and injured three others. While seven labourers are reportedly missing after the assault, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Saturday.

According to security sources, armed assailants opened fire at a construction camp in the suburban area of Chappar Raft in Harnai and shot dead three labourers and critically wounded three others on Friday night. However, seven labourers went missing after the attack.

The body of slain labourers and the injured persons were shifted to a hospital in Quetta. 

The camp was set up for the construction of Quetta-Harnai Road in Chapper Raft area in Sibi district.

Sources said that at the time of attack, 16 labourers were present in the camp, out of whom one was killed, two injured and seven others went missing. However, they added, that six labourers who remained unhurt during the attack were shifted to a safer place. 

A large contingent of security forces reached the spot soon after the incident and started combing the area in search for missing labourers

The security forces cordoned off the entire area. 

Sources said that since the area was mountainous and it was dark, the forces were facing difficulties during their search operation. 

one of the labourers who was shot dead was identified as Hamid Ullah. 

According to 24NewsHD TV, when the terrorists attacked the camp, the labourers rushed to nearby mountains to save their lives and seven of them were missing so far. 

It has been learnt that the attackers while going back after the assault also set on fire the camp, heavy machinery of the construction firm placed outside and vehicles. 

Sources said the terrorists tried to sabotage the Quetta-Harnai Road project which is being completed under the supervision of the National Highway Authority.  

Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Quddus Bizenjo condemned the incident and expressed his grief over the loss of precious lives. He sought a preliminary report of the incident immediately. 

He expressed his resolve that the government would not let the nefarious designs of the terrorists succeed. He hoped that soon the culprits would be arrested. 

The chief minister ordered to provide the best medical facilities to the wounded labourers

Reporters Mian Yousaf and Rizwan Saeed