Woman withdraws rape allegation in Faisalabad robbery case

By: News Desk
Published: 11:13 PM, 22 Jan, 2022
Woman withdraws rape allegation in Faisalabad robbery case
Stay tunned with 24 News HD Android App
Get it on Google Play

A woman who was abducted during a robbery in Tandlianwala Town in Faisalabad district in September last year has withdrawn rape allegation and said that the accused had not raped her, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Saturday.

Addressing a press conference on Saturday, Faisalabad Central Police Office (CPO) Ghulam Mubashir Maken said that he started his own investigation immediately after the incident that took place on September 17, 2021.

He said the woman was summoned to the police station along with her husband, adding that the victim had stated that she had not been sexually assaulted when asked by a lady police officer.

Maken said the woman had repeatedly stated in her statement that she had been "assaulted" but had never mentioned "rape".

CPO said that they have now come to the conclusion that the family was taken hostage.

“We are very positive about resolving this case and are taking steps to address the woman's grievances," added the CPO.

Categories : Crime