Egypt hotel gang rape allegations ignite new #MeToo wave
Names and pictures of the figures accused, who hail from elite families, have circulated online, but AFP has been unable to verify their authenticity.
AFP spoke to a source close to the victim who corroborated details of the 2014 rapes posted online.
The victim was unwilling to comment publicly for fear of a backlash.
No official investigation has been launched so far, as tweets flood in under the hashtag #FairmontIncident.
Young Egyptian women posting testimonials of sexual misconduct earlier this month triggered a national outcry which led to the arrest of Ahmed Bassam Zaki, 22, a former student of some of Egypt's most elite schools and universities.
On July 4, authorities detained Zaki who confessed to assaulting at least six girls including one aged under 18 and blackmailing the victims, according to prosecutors.
The council "stands by every woman and girl exposed to any... threat by providing all necessary support", it said.
It also called on females "who might be subjected to harassment and/or threats to immediately report through the official reporting mechanisms".
Egypt's minister of international cooperation, Rania al-Mashat, for her part, posted a supportive message on Instagram: "To all the girls out there, we hear you".
The Fairmont Hotel has said it carried out an investigation of the graphic claims posted online.
"We can confirm that at no time were any reports of the incident filed to the hotel, nor to the hotel’s tourism police," she said.
"All personnel at the hotel are committed to assisting the relevant authorities and we will continue to offer our unfettered support," she added.