Indian diplomat summoned over ceasefire violation

By: News Desk      Published: 03:38 PM, 18 May, 2020
Indian diplomat summoned over ceasefire violation

The Foreign Office summoned a senior Indian diplomat was summoned on Monday to lodge a strong protest over the latest ceasefire violation by the Indian occupation forces in Khuiratta Sector along the Line of Control, reported 24NewsHD TV channel Monday.

According to Foreign Office Spokesperson Aisha Farooqui, a citizen – 37-year-old Muhammad Shafi, resident of Jijot village – sustained serious injuries as the Indian forces again targeted the civilian population on Sunday.

The spokesperson said the Indian occupation forces had continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons along the LoC and the working boundary. India has so far committed 1,081 ceasefire violations during the current year, she added.

The spokesperson underscored that such senseless acts were in clear violation of the 2003 ceasefire understanding and also against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct.

She said these egregious violations of international law reflected consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and were a threat to regional peace and security.

Aisha said Indian occupation forces displayed complete disregard for human rights by repeated shelling and firing resulting in a large number of martyrdom of and injuries to citizens.